It’s true that the Warriors are still the very best team having won two of the last three Championships and having four young all-star players with the likes of sharp shooter Klay Thompson, defensive player of the year Draymond Green, one time MVP and last season Finals MVP Kevin Durant and the 2-time regular season MVP Stephen Curry with these players there is no doubt that they are the best in business today and perhaps for the next several years to come?
But don’t count some other teams that already starting to build their own super team as the 2017 – 2018 NBA Season is about to start by the last week of October, these teams will not wait to see the Warriors building their dynasty as these teams will try to stop and even try to dethrone the defending champion?
Here is the list of NBA team that a legit treat for the defending champion Golden State Warriors:
1. Houston Rockets – The Rockets just added from a trade the 9 times All-star Chris Paul from the LA Clippers to upgrade their roster, Paul joined last year runner up in MVP James Harden, Nenê, Eric Gordon, Trevor Ariza and the rest of the Rockets to further their chance in beating the Warriors?
2. San Antonio Spurs – The Spurs has been always been a contender every year and perhaps for almost a decade since the era of Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker. The Spurs did not make any major changes in their lineup, but still they will rely in their new superstar player Kawhi Leonard, LaMarcus Aldridge. Pau Gasol, Danny Green and veterans Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker.
3. Oklahoma City Thunder – The Thunder just loss Kevin Durant in the 2016 Free Agency that caused the team from not reaching a much higher places in the 2016 – 2017 NBA post season and eventually eliminated early in the playoffs. But this time the 2017 off season they acquired two NBA Superstar from a trade Paul George from the Pacers and Carmelo Antony of Knicks to form a “Big Three” including the reigning NBA MVP Russell Westbrook. The addition of George and Melo joining Westbrook improve the Thunder’s chances of beating the Warriors in the Western Conference Finals if they possibly meet in the West Finals?
1. Cleveland Cavaliers – The Cavs is still the favorite in the East and more likely to reach the NBA Finals for the 4th consecutive time? Even though Kyrie Irving leaves the Cavs, he was immediately replaced some legit superstar young and old with the likes of Isiah Thomas, Derrick Rose and the recent addition of Dwyane Wade to form their own super team alongside with LeBron James, Kevin Love, JR Smith, Tristan Thomson and the rest of the Cavs.
2. Boston Celtics – The Celtics has almost completely change their roster, leaving only one player from last season Al Halford. Horford will be joining other superstar players with the likes of Gordon Hayward from the Jazz and Kyrie Irving from the Cavs trade. The addition, Irving makes the Celtics a legit treat for the defending Eastern Conference Champion Cleveland Cavaliers?
Which team will be a legit treat for the Warriors in the West and in the East? Let’s wait and see till the 2017 – 2018 Season begins in October.